The Housing Minister has announced changes to permitted development rights which will come into effect on the 6th April 2018.
Key Changes are:
▪ Amended development rights for the conversion of agricultural buildings to residential use allow:
- Up to three homes within a maximum of 465 square metres, referred to as larger homes
- Up to five homes no larger than 100 square metres each, referred to as smaller homes
- A mix of both of the options above, within a total of no more than 5 homes, of which no more than three may be larger homes
▪ An increase in the size of new agricultural buildings from a maximum of 465 square metres to a maximum of 1000 square metres.
Article written 16/03/2018